One of the trickiest parts of insurance in Kingwood, TX, and all over the country, is determining what is and isn’t covered. So what does preventative care mean? And how do you know if it is covered by your insurance? Boss Insurance Agency has all the answers to your insurance questions.
Preventive Care is a health care service that is routine and designed to prevent health issues or diseases before they arise. These include annual check-ups and physicals, screenings, blood work, dental cleanings, eye exams and patient counseling.
A wide range of potential illnesses can be prevented by attending these preventive care visits or problems can be caught very early, meaning they are much less costly to treat.
Almost all insurance plans cover some preventive care at no cost to the patients, such as:
- Annual physicals
- Blood work
- Testing for cholesterol levels, diabetes (blood sugar) and blood pressure levels
- Annual well woman exams (which includes Pap smears to screen for cervical and other reproductive cancers)
- Well-baby and well-child visits (through age 21)
- Vaccinations against diseases such as polio, mumps, measles, meningitis and others
- Vaccinations for viral infections such as the flu
- Screenings for many cancers, including colonoscopies and mammograms
- Counseling on health related topics such as losing weight, quitting smoking or drinking, managing mental health issues, exercising and more
Preventive care is typically done once per year and the services covered vary from plan to plan. Some plans may offer more extensive preventive services. It’s important to take advantage of whatever preventive services your plan offers to ensure you stay ahead of any more serious medical issues before they develop.
The team at Boss Insurance Agency, serving Kingwood, TX are standing by to answer your questions today!